History of Mt. Ogden Junior High School
Ogden, Utah is the home of Mt. Ogden Junior High School, where it sits on the East Bench at the base of the Wasatch Mountains.
Groundbreaking for Mt. Ogden Junior High School took place on June 19, 1957. Dedication of the building was in October, 1958. The ram was chosen as the school mascot. During the late 1970s - early 1980s, after District leaders and educators studied different educational models other than the traditional junior high, in 1981, the junior high schools in the Ogden School District were converted into middle schools. Mt. Ogden Jr. High became the home to sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students. Mt. Ogden Middle School, along with the other two district middle schools, were returned to a junior high structure beginning the school year 2007-2008. Seventh, eighth, and ninth grade students attend.
Many academic and extra-curricular programs are implemented to meet the diverse needs of the students. There are the Honors Pathway courses; Flex Time was implemented every day to give students a built-in structure of intervention support; YMCA has an after-school program each day; and a full sports program is in place.